Subject: [Leica] BLUR - My last words.
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 09:05:59 -0500

Larry said:  Closer to home, your dog does not jump into the TV screen to
frolic in the fields shown in the dog food commercials. Neither does it
growl or flee from the TV intruders in your household. The image on TV is
not the real world to the animal but a flickering pattern on an illuminated
tube. We see the image as a depiction of reality because our intelligence
and experience enables us infer the scene from its abstract representation.
The animal does not.

?I think you are surely correct in the older technology, but todays' HD TV
seems to have changed that, at least with cats.  It is quite common for
mine to pay attention to images on the screen, both TV and computer,
particularly ?other cats and birds

--
Regards,

Sonny