Subject: [Leica] IMG: Angel Oak
From: bjq1 at mac.com (Barney Quinn)
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 16:16:42 +0000 (GMT)

Tina,

I love this picture. The composition formed by the branches is wonderful. It
makes me a little bit sad. We had a wonderful oak tree over on the Eastern
Shore. It was called the Wye Oak and was 500 years old. I would often go an
sit by it quite convinced that it would outlast me by another 500 years. One
night it got hit by lightening and it just shattered like a dropped glass
Christmas tree ornament. They planted a clone of the original tree. It is
doing well, but it has centuries to go.

The Wye Oak was not quite as grand and dignified as the Angel Oak, but it
was a nice tree.

Barney?

E-Mail: bjq1 at mac.com
Home: (301) 654-0938