Subject: [Leica] Blue ROD SMITH!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 11:27:59 -0700

Rod Smith OFFERED:
Subject: [Leica] Blue

> Hello all:
> I was amazed how many blue lights there are in my home (most of which are
> led indicators on electronic devices). So my intent was to just use those
> as a theme.
> Then I noticed a blue vase in the living room. I felt those are the best
> shots, so I have shown them first. The blue vases are with a NikonD800 and
> Micro Nikkor 60. The other blues images are with a Nex 5n and Summicron 50
> f/2. The Leica images start off with a light on the refrigerator as seen
> through a patterned glass door. The other are blue lights on a dishwasher
> as seen through a drinking glass.
> I am not trying to steal ideas from the motion images made last week at
> home. It is merely that these were the most interesting blues I saw all
> week.
> Rod Smith
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/BigDLakeside/Blue/

Hi Rod,
Thank you for your post illustrating what happens when a photographer is
challenged to use their imagination, their eyes and down right hard looking
for a subject with their eyes wide open!

Many of us go out for a walk about without any part of our "seeing ability
turned on!" We see nothing, do nothing ! Shoot nothing! Or worse? We expose
a frame of nothing, then delete it off the screen when we arrive at the
computer.

However? When we are given a challenge to "LOOK FOR SOMETHING?" Our
imagination is turned on and our visual elements are really looking hard at
the world around us!

And that's another point to the topics is to create a mission to shoot the
challenge successfully! As many have begun to do so! Some with great vigor!
And appearing to be having fun of the challenge!

Thanks for yours.

cheers,
Dr. ted