Subject: [Leica] Something to sing about
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 15:48:01 +0100 (BST)

My wife is Scottish and we have Haggis on Burns night every year. As always
with offal based recipes it relies on gristle being removed and seasoning
being good.
I have been eating it for over 40 years now and it is usually good. My
mother-in-law used to use it as stuffing when she roasted a chicken.

The only place I have seen serving haggis with scotch is an upmarket
restaurant in London. It is certainly nothing I had heard of from any of our
Scottish relatives and friends. I have never tried it with whisky but for
the guy who took us to the restaurant it was the reason he went there.

Both my brothers live in Scotland and have Scottish wives. They don't eat
haggis...

Frank D