Subject: [Leica] Magnolias with a touch of blue
From: dbirkey at hcjb.org (Duane Birkey)
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 01:03:47 +0000

I see the blue as well...  I suspect Tina is experimenting with cold color
toning...   as the file is rgb...  and the other day she was trying sepia : )

I have had good luck with duotoning and quadtoning in Photoshop....  but it
took a lot of work to get the selenium tone I wanted for some historic
prints....  I don't mess with it much otherwise...

If I had to pick one, I like yesterday's magnolia the most of the series...
I think I like it more because the difference between the darker leaves and
the lighter flower is more pronounced... and there is not a lot of gray and
the composition seems cleaner....  less leaves and shapes...

The later images are for lack of a better word...  more chaotic... maybe it
was switching from the 90mm to 35mm.... and it is the amount of reflection
off of the dark leaves which make them mid grayer...

But they are all nice...    and might be even nicer in color  : )

Duane

On Sep 4, 2013, at 10:37 AM, Tina Manley wrote:

> PESO:
>
> The difference a day can make:

> C&C greatly appreciated.

Prefer the first.

(am I the only one seeing a blue/cyan fringe
around the burned out highlights on the first one?
as no one else has mentioned it)

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com