Subject: [Leica] Was Nathans 35mm now whose shot was that
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 11:05:26 +1000

Thanks for looking Douglas! However I don't think that Steve was claiming
authorship of my set there ;-)

Regarding the lack of eye contact and engagement separation, this was
intentional . It is almost axiomatic for art nude in that they are intending
to show forms and shapes not engage the viewer's attraction the way intended
for the glamour genre for example. The high key also intended for mood. If
of interest this learning shoot was actually intended to be a studio testing
for the new M (which didn't arrrive in time) and even the location fell
over. We persisted for my learning experience with a single strobe and a
tiny corner of a hotel room. Two very experienced professional models meant
that I learnt a lot in a couple of hours.

I'd shown these to some LUG friends previously and mainly intended now to
see if there was some interest/reaction in the LUG at large.

Cheers,
Geoff Hopkinson
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman

Message: 20