Subject: [Leica] S snapshots
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 13:44:40 +0530

Here is a nice blog entry on the subject by Gordon Lewis (a guy, who,
at present, shoots Canon & Nikon):

http://shutterfinger.typepad.com/shutterfinger/2013/09/what-i-shoot-with-and-why.html

Key paragraph:

"The Nikon V1 is my "everyday-carry camera." I was initially attracted
to it because of its small size,  low weight, and sturdiness, which
make it perfect for travel, outdoor family activities, or an afternoon
of street photograpy. Interchangeable lenses and a built-in eyelevel
viewfinder made it even more attractive. What sealed the deal was its
lightning fast, amazingly accurate focus and above-average metering
accuracy. I know some photographers are put off by the V1's smaller
sensor, but to my mind these folks aren't much different from film
photographers who lugged around Hasselblads because 35mm cameras
produced "inferior results." Either you appreciate the small camera
esthetic or you don't. I do."

Cheers
Jayanand