Subject: [Leica] Leica S2 visits Lambeau Field
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 07:30:24 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Mark Rabiner wrote:

>Doug I really think if you did that you'd have an edge the other
>photographers did not have.
>As you are shooting medium format with all or most of the quickness of 35mm!
> They would have to all pack up their blinds and go home.
>
>An edge over the ones shooting full frame 24x36 Canon Nikon and and edge on
>whatever photographers shoot the much clunkier than Leica S Hasselblad
>medium format digital.

I'd like to think that my primary edge is my relationship with my subjects,
but I'm all for a technical edge as well.

>This glass you are mentioning all sounds like my dream glass or close to it
>but I'd thought that some of the classic  long Leica glass you were already
>using would cover to the edges of the S digital medium format.

My long lens kit now consists of the 280mm f/4 APO and extenders.  An
adapter to use R lense on S bodies is available, sacrificing infinity focus.
 For the 280mm lenses the maximum focus distance is 40'.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Leica S2 visits Lambeau Field)