Subject: [Leica] Leica S2 visits Lambeau Field
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 08:43:51 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

George Lottermoser wrote:

>On Sep 17, 2013, at 10:14 AM, Doug Herr wrote:
>
>>> As 35DSLR-like as it seems to be
>>> I'd guess that Medium-Format idiosyncrasies
>>> still show up;
>>> resulting in a,
>>> "wish I had the DMR/280 Apo on this trek."
>>
>> Especially where a trek is involved.
>
>I'd assume that you can handle the size and weight for the foreseeable
>future.
>
>I'm speaking more about the focus ring throw
>size and vibration of larger mirror and shutter
>the medium-format scale-up stuff.

Yup all important stuff.

>Having read your posts over the years
>I sense that you've found a near ideal solution
>to achieve your goals.
>
>A larger sensor temps us.

And a big beautiful viewfinder, and the S2's control layout.

>Certainly we deserve at least a 24x36 ;~)
>Yet 30x45 may actually be "too big"
>for some "conditions" work flows.

I'd like to be able to make a huge print when I get photos like these:

http://wildlightphoto.com/mammals/ursidae/blbear05.html
http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/anatidae/trsw01.html
http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/phasianidae/witu22.html
http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/phasianidae/witu21.html
http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/accipitridae/feha02.html

>And we can't know 'til we put it to work
>under our own conditions.

Yup. And S2 money, even a few days' rental, is a serious piece of change
that deserves very careful deliberation.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Leica S2 visits Lambeau Field)