Subject: [Leica] OT. Nikon screen brightness and contrast
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 10:30:02 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Frank Filippone wrote:

a WA zoom is what I have selected. In this case a 18-35 lens. I have
purchased a reasonably cheap one from Ebay and will do some testing of IQ
compared to my Leica gear. If the IQ is lacking, the whole idea goes out the
window. The test will use the M9 as the camera with adapter for the Nikon
lenses. Same sensor means the variable in IQ will be the lens
<<<

But you wouldn't be using the 18-35 with an adapter on an M9.  The adapter
is a variable too.  The performance of this lens on the D800e is what you
should compare with the M9/Leica lenses.

You're not trying to find out which is the sharper lens, you're trying to
find out which camera system, lens + camera body, will help you make the
best pictures.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com