Subject: [Leica] OT. Nikon screen brightness and contrast
From: szoboszlai at gmail.com (Tomas Szoboszlai)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 14:24:16 -0400

There are after market screens with micro prism and split image
focusing aides and with true matte screen focusing surfaces, features
that may help you focus manual lenses worth the effort.  A company
called KatzEye Optics makes such screens for various DSLR cameras,
including Nikon and Canon.  I have not used them, but they appear to
be well regarded.

http://www.katzeyeoptics.com/page--Custom-Focusing-Screens--store.html

As with most things, inexpensive versions of such screens are also
available on the auction site.  I have one of those for a Nikon D40,
but have not installed it because neither the camera nor the lenses I
have for it merit the effort.

Tom Sz.