Subject: [Leica] OT. Nikon screen brightness and contrast
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 08:52:57 -1000

Every point you made is correct. If I can prove to myself that the lenses
are acceptable, I can take the next step: rent/ buy/borrow a D800e and test
system vs system.

What I have not directly said is that I am skeptical the Nikon optics will
hold up to a comparison with Leica. So I am starting at the weakest and
(luckily) least costly point. Work my way up from there.
Note that while the Nikon offers more pixels, i believe it is the FW
algorithms that make a significantly bigger  difference to IQ. IMO the
Major contribution. The reality is that the FW works on all lenses. Better
quality optics reflect in better IQ in the same FW environment.   IMO,  the
DMR, with Imacon ( think I have that right) FW is a big/ biggest difference
to why the DNR has great IQ. (And why the Hasselblad line is so highly
regarded in MF).

Thank you Doug for challenging my technique. Keep me on target.
Frank Filippone