Subject: [Leica] OT. Nikon screen brightness and contrast
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 20:18:54 -0400

The D800e body may outperform the M9 but I'd guess not an M10.
In other words the Leica they are making now.

Nikon optics are not a question mark. They've been the standard of the
industry for many many decades. Sure Leica optics can blow them out of the
water in many or most cases but in more cases Nikon is making a lens Leica
does not even make. I have found many of my Nikon lenes to be "inspired".
Well above above average.
And some really are "premium".
Like my 28 1.4 and my 14 2.8.
On my camera now  is a sharp as heck 50 1.8 which cost me $99.99 and I shoot
wide open at night and is light as a feather and I have a B+W lens hood on
it which says "made in Germany" on it so it think the whole thing is German.

Read NIKKOR - The Thousand and One Nights
http://imaging.nikon.com/history/nikkor/

Get the inside scoop from the guys who design the glass themselves.
Very cool reading!