Subject: [Leica] OT. Nikon screen brightness and contrast
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 15:22:00 +0100 (BST)

It focuses fine between focal lengths, though I can't say I have
deliberately checked infinity, but have taken Leica at their word.

The MATE is not a zoom, and Leica advise against using between FL click
stops (unlike their advice on the WATE). Since the standard sequence for
focal length of the frame lines is 35-50-28 the FL ring goes from 35 to 50
to 28 which makes impossible smooth transition through the focal lengths, so
it has rapid ramps and detents on the FL cams for just those 3 focal lengths.