Subject: [Leica] R8 lock up
From: telyt400 at gmail.com (Paul Franz)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 13:03:54 -0400

Hello,

I am returning LUG member.  I subscribed recently due to a return to
film photography.  I have taken my Leica R8 out of storage and started
to use my old R lenses again.  The camera was working well for about
recently this started to lock up. When I press the release button, the
mirror rises, but the shutter does not release. This occurs in on mode
of operation.    If I wait a long periods of time, when I return the
camera is ready to operate again.  Sometime this takes hours.   I
expected that this was related to a rather old set of batteries and I
swapped a new set of batteries into the winder.    The camera
continues to operate improperly.  ).   I have tried various shutter
speeds, modes and use of a remote cable.  I have used the small
battery cover, winder and power driver.  This has occurred with film
and without film in the camera.

I have been reviewing the LUG archives and have not found many
references to this problem.

Any suggestions for a home repair of recommended repair company?

Paul

Replies: Reply from afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com) ([Leica] R8 lock up)
Reply from vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko) ([Leica] R8 lock up)