Subject: [Leica] R8 lock up
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard)
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 11:40:14 +0200

Hi Paul,
I don't remember if my R8 had that feature, but my other Rs had a
mechanical shutter setting (1/90th ? )which worked without batteries
in the camera and that you might want to use to check if it's the
electronics or simply a gummed up shutter that causes the trouble.

My R3 had developed the symptoms you describe, gummed, and a 30$ clean
up solved it

Hope this helps

Amiti?s
Philippe

Le 26 sept. 13 ? 21:44, Gary Pinkerton a ?crit :