Subject: [Leica] (no subject)
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 18:19:09 -0700

Of course that's right, Tina, all other things being equal. But when
you're photographing moving people in available dark, sometimes ETTR is
just not possible. I'm talking about those situations. And digital
doesn't let us burn detail back into truly overexposed highlights like
film did.

--Peter

threshinc.com> wrote:

 > > When the M8 first came out, some people reported that they got better
 > > low-light results by underexposing ISO 640 by one stop and
compensating in
 > > their RAW developer, rather than setting the ISO to 1250. I think
Tina was
 > > one of them.  I tried this myself, didn't like either results much, and
 > > have pretty much stuck to ISO 640 and lower.
 > >
 > > Well, things have changed.  Today's RAW developers are better, and this
 > > approach does even better than before. I decided to revisit it with
my M8
 > > and the current Capture One v. 7.   The results are much better than I
 > > remember with Capture One v.4 (which came with the M8) or even
Capture One

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/album170/M8-640_1pushVs1250-NoNR.jpg.html>

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/album170/M8-640_2pushVs2500-NoNR.jpg.html>