Subject: [Leica] IMG: Guess what?
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 23:36:14 -0700

It's four bassoon reeds, in an ultrasonic cleaner. Supposedly it makes them
last longer by cleaning the sludge and enzymes from saliva out of the cane
pores. My experience agrees. The wires and tape are a jerry-rig to keep the
reed's binding out of the water so bits of lacquer or cement don't get
kicked loose. I thought the setup made pretty pattern.

--Peter