Subject: [Leica] Dr Ted's assignment: overexposed whites?
From: dbirkey at hcjb.org (Duane Birkey)
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 18:10:42 +0000

On my monitor as well as my Ipad.....   I did not think that Sue's or Leo's
(or for that matter my image) was blown out...    My histogram certainly did
not look that way...   But...  color and exposure is perceptual...  and
there are a lot of variables....

Either way, it obviously looked overexposed on Ted's display...   And since
the cardinal sin of photography is overexposed slides and overexposed
digital files, underexposed negs... and blown out whites in prints...   I
can understand his comments....    But those are sins that I never really
commit...   I always bracket under exposure shots on just about everything
where I can...   Otherwise I tend to shoot things about ? stop under in raw
and fix it later...    None of these versions were pushed down to make them
darker....   I'm not real fond of gray whites either though...

Note:  This was shot at sunrise... so the lighting is also a bit different
than what you would expect....

Anyhow...  here are three versions....   One should look better on your
monitor than the others...    :  )

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/dbirkey/DR_Ted/Duane_Birkey_201311559_lg.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/dbirkey/DR_Ted/Duane_Birkey_201311559_lg2.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/dbirkey/DR_Ted/Duane_Birkey_201311559_lg3.jpg.html