Subject: [Leica] IMG: what's happening with the vertical blue line? sensor failure?
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 14:29:22 -0500

On Oct 10, 2013, at 10:01 PM, Adam Bridge wrote:

> In this image:
>
> <http://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/gallery/32225777_wkgvQx#!i=2825025517&k=n3D8gVM&lb=1&s=O>
>
> There's a clearly visible vertical blue line toward the left side of the
> image and another vertical one where the dark chimney meets the bright
> side of the building.
>
> What's going on here? Do I have a sensor going bad on me? I haven't seen
> these in other images
>
> Shot with an M8 at iso 1250.

Pushing the limits of a digital photographic sensor
will inevitably present some serious ugly.
I've seen variations of these "artifacts"
from various sensors pushed beyond their limits;
including my M8;
which continues to perform beautifully
under less stressful circumstances.

Low light and pushing shadows open = visual unpleasantries

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com