Subject: [Leica] Sony a7 and a7R
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 14:42:01 -0700

I would think if you wanted to systematically correct this there are a
couple of ways:

Outside of LR, use Capture 1 Pro. This is what I use for MF. Probably not a
great option because it's slow work and it uses C1's raw processor which is
different than LR. So a big learning curve for C1's raw processes (though
just as good as LR in my opinion).

For each lens that vignettes, take a shot through a translucent target (like
the one I use in MF for lens cast correction). To be anal you would need to
do each lens at each aperture. Then go into LR and in the develop module
correct for lens cast (CA) and vignetting (a negative vignette). Test in CS
in the LAB panel to see if you're close. Then save that develop model to be
used with that lens under various apertures. Note taking would be required
as my guess is that, like the M's, aperture EXIF data would be a guess.

KISS: Take the image you like, use the new lens correction tab in the
develop module and apply negative vignetting to taste. This is what I would
do!

Best,
Bob

Sent from my iPad