Subject: [Leica] The man who invented the digital camera.
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 23:00:09 -0400 (EDT)

Mark writes
"My only nostalgic feeling is: thank God for that guy who invented the
digital camera. I kiss the sidewalk upon which he walks."
- - -
The first digital camera was created in December 1975 by an engineer at
Eastman Kodak named Steve Sasson. It weighed eight pounds and recorded
its images on a digital tape. You will have to go to Rochester to kiss
the sidewalk he walked on.
For details see:
<http://petapixel.com/2010/08/05/the-worlds-first-digital-camera-by-kodak
-and-steve-sasson/>
The first digital camera sold to the public was the Logitech Fotoman. I
still have one. It had a sensor which resolved .086 Megapixels. The M9
Mono has 279 times more pixels than the Fotoman but both take only B&W
pictures.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Digital+Fotoman+Plus.JPG.html>
Larry Z