Subject: [Leica] White tail deer
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 18:05:52 -0400

Our farm adjoins a hunt club and as soon as deer season starts we wear
bright orange outside.  All of the shooting scares our wimpy dog and she
tries to hide under our chairs.  The only deer I have seen have been out in
our pasture.  They have never come near the yard or garden.  I thought deer
had eaten our peaches but it turned out to be squirrels.

When we were in Wisconsin, we toured a cherry orchard and the guide showed
us cloth bags tied to some of the trees.  The bags contained soap and he
said they work to keep deer out of the orchard.

I have no problem with hunting for food and using shotguns or rifles or
bows and arrows.  I see no point in automatic weapons or handguns.

Tina