Subject: [Leica] [!! SPAM] Re: Theoretical mp limit?
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 22:30:33 -0700

I think a response from Bob Adler and his experience with Digital-MF would
be a good place for further understanding.....

It is not so much about the number of pixels, but rather the inter-spacing
distance of those pixels that counts.....

Noise being the number 1 problem.....

BTW, I hope everyone understands that most existent lenses are going to be
limited... the Sensor being better than the lens....and don't even try to
think through the issues with the mechanical RF....

You need to be able to look through the lens for focusing, and have micro
adjustability of your lenses' focus, and best of all, have a EVF to make
things go right.....to even approach the limits of these 24-36MP
cameras..... or lenses designed for them.....

I won't mention the tripod, delayed shutter release, no wind, no land
movement from passing trucks, nor object movement.....otherwise you just do
not get the improved quality that these sensors are capable of.....

The best rationale for a 24-36MP camera is for the ability to crop with
higher pixel count as your daily 7-18MP user of today......

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

Replies: Reply from rgacpa at gmail.com (Bob Adler) ([Leica] [!! SPAM] Re: Theoretical mp limit?)
Reply from john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster) ([Leica] [!! SPAM] Re: Theoretical mp limit?)