Subject: [Leica] IMG: Friendly Audiologist
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 09:40:19 -0700

My one hearing aid (loss of high-frequency in left ear) started ringing in
response to some high frequencies. It would even ring when it heard a click
from my iPod, not to mention when it heard music. So, in a flash of
inspiration, I went to my piano and ran up the high end of the keyboard.
Found a few notes which caused it to ring, centered strongly on the F# that
is three half-steps under the A that is two octaves above A440.

Did a little arithmetic and came up with 1480 Hz as the frequency. Threw the
problem at my talented wife (she taught math once) and she came up with the
same number.

Got the audiologist to suppress the vicinity of that frequency by a few DB.
He admired my M9, so I took his picture.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/L1003456.jpg.html

Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org
650-326-8204