Subject: [Leica] M9 gotcha
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 16:22:32 -0400

I don't think there should not be any mystery  as to what Lossless means in
a compression  scheme. It means no loss. Does not mean "very little loss" in
anyone's book.
" Lossless data compression is a class of data compression algorithms that
allows the original data to be perfectly reconstructed from the compressed
data".

I took my settings off lossless compression six months ago and found my pix
popped up much less reluctantly in Adobe Bridge as I'm looking at all my
images. I have a 2t hard disk now up from a 1t so I'm not worried about file
size.
I also feel that way down the line if there are any issues with working with
images in archaic formats it would be the compression schemes which would be
the thing which does you in. Not that fact that its a straight NEF or RAW or
DNG?.
--
Mark William Rabiner
Photographer