Subject: [Leica] New and od equipment
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 21:02:00 -0500

Hi Larry,

I agree with you that the Steinheil optics are first class for their
period.  The lens bodies, at least the 85s and 135s that I have owned,
were aluminum, and not of the same precision as the brass Leica lens
bodies.  But they were often found at bargain prices, so were a great buy.

Some of my favorite film images were made using a Culminar on an Exa,
the step-child of the Exacta line.  Simple, inexpensive, and they worked
fine.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA