Subject: [Leica] IMG: From a Trip to My Independent Volvo Mechanic
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 12:46:00 -0600

My driving is limited, so I have my vehicles serviced once a year.
Today, I took the Volvo V70 to my independent Volvo mechanic for its
annual service, along with a replacement for the original battery, now
six years old.

The boss of the shop is a cat that appeared as a kitten, with a skin
infection around his neck.  After he was "doctored" and fed, he has
grown into an affectionate pet who thinks he owns the place.  Here he
reclines in one of his favorite places, taking in all of the activity.

The owner of the shop and salvage yard is probably older than my 83
yrs.  I have done business with him since the 1970s.  Here, he
demonstrates to the latest apprentice the proper way to change the
hard-to-access pollen filter, in the right foot well. She finished the job.

Both with the venerable E-1 and the ZD 35 Macro

Comments and critiques welcomed.

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA