Subject: [Leica] Colorization leads to insanity
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2013 13:38:13 -0800

I happened on this today:
<http://twentytwowords.com/2013/11/06/realistically-colorized-historical-photos-make-the-past-seem-incredibly-real-36-pictures/>

I've seen some of the colorized photos before, but it was interesting to
look at them again.  Then I read some of the comments, which quickly
devolved into a flamefest over whether Eisenstadt's VJ-Day picture of
the sailor kissing the nurse depicted a sexual assault, and the moral
and intellectual deficiencies of those who held the various positions.

I'm tellin' ya, folks, sixty per cent of people who respond to Internet
articles are clinically insane. I'm sure it's the same for newspapers
and magazines, but at least those have editors.  So far.

--Peter

Replies: Reply from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Colorization leads to insanity)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Colorization leads to insanity)
Reply from ric at cartersxrd.net (RicCarter) ([Leica] Colorization leads to insanity)