Subject: [Leica] Leica lenses on Sony A7
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 08:14:38 +1000
References: <CEA2AE91.135E9%mark@rabinergroup.com> <FD3ACD30-8F57-464B-BECA-6191FE32F91E@mac.com> <CAF8hL-HpWNbAC+npZAnmxRoARHU6yA_cfy4ZNkCGwzj0QLR_Yg@mail.gmail.com> <809BA0E7-9168-42B8-BB11-BDCAB2381F60@btinternet.com> <CAJ3Pgh6w6Zv6m8uv-hoMFnWZJPaz5L6v1jXOOSD1H-v=aRV8Uw@mail.gmail.com> <CAE3QcF598ZvtNPWwyyN=2EoZr4HqMvEW1ZNTxNu_ygP5SS8uqA@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ3Pgh76EwCh3aNfhRrMYPM8X=2iUK6PqOt04kaM1FsNx6em7A@mail.gmail.com>

Right... and I would guess that Leica have learnt a lot along the way on
what it takes to make the sensors work well with the M wides. There is
certainly a lot going on in camera to make that happen and in the case of
the M9 there were quite big variations tried in the beta firmwares to
firstly produce a homogeneous image at all and then address the emerging
sometimes reports of edge effects.
Test frames shot as part of that and with/without lens recognition are very
instructive.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman