Subject: [Leica] FS: For the Philippines typhoon relief aid, donations matched by Canada
From: peter.cheyne at gmail.com (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 13:02:47 +0900

It's Friday, so I advertise now, although I won't post other details until
next Friday.

I'm selling off the following equipment and all proceeds will go to typhoon
relief in the Philippines.

Money paid for the equipment will be given to a Canadian charity providing
relief  to people in typhoon-hit areas of the Philippines before December
8th. Her Majesty's Government of  Canada will match any donation given to
approved relief charities registered in Canada before this date (and for
donations up to C$100,000.

See here for those details:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/typhoon-haiyan-how-you-can-help-1.2423429

I'm not yet sure how best to proceed with this. Perhaps it is best if the
buyer pays the charity directly, then shows me pre-agreed evidence of the
donation. Then I will ship the items.If anyone has any suggestions about
the arrangements, please send me a message on or off the LUG list.

I hope these sales make as much as possible, so I ask fellow LUG members
and our saloon-keeper, Mr Brian Reid to allow this sale to go ahead as an
auction, rather than by fixed price, with bids for items submitted by
e-mail.

Over the weekend I'll make and upload photos of (and some taken with) the
equipment for sale.

For now, please look over the list and consider making some purchases. If
you see anything that you're interested in bidding for, write me straight
away and I'll tell you details. As I said, I'll also be posting more
details and more items next Friday for the same cause.

Shipping can be negotiated case by case. I have another baby due in
January, so my wife and I would be grateful if you offered to cover the
cost of shipping from Japan, which I have always found to be swift and safe.

Best wishes,

Peter

Items
I write this from my work office, during lunchtime, so I'll add serial
numbers or at least model numbers next time, and if you write me before I
do that, I'll reply with accurate details and send you photos too

1. Leica-M 135 f2.8 goggles version
2. Leica Tele-Elmarit-M 90mm 2,8 1974-90 version
3. Tachihara 4x5 View Camera. Barely used, bought new a few years ago, in
Fukuoka, Japan.
4. Fujifilm Quickload 4x5 back, will include a dozen or so Provia Quickload
sheets
5. Fujinon LF lens, SF (soft focus with both rings still in the set) 180mm
6. Rodenstock 90mm LF lens
7. Gitzo tripod 6x carbon fiber 12xxM series (will confirm model)
8. Manfrotto 393 gimbal head
9. Gitzo ball head 1275M
10. Mamiya RZ67 Pro
11. Mamiya RZ 120 back
12. Fuji instant film back for Mamiya RZ
13. Mamiya RZ L-grip with electronic shutter release button coupling
14. Mamiya RZ shutter and mirror up double release cable
15. Mamiya RZ chimney finder that does automatic metering
16. Mamiya RZ 110mm f2.8
17. Mamiya RZ 90mm f4
18. Mamiya RZ 360mm 5.6 (has a tiny bit of fungus in it since 5 years ago.
The mould has not grown since then, and no effect is visible on photos
taken)
19. Canon LSM 135 f3.5
20. LSM to Leica M mount adapter for 135 mm or 35 mm LSM lenses to be used
on a Leica M
21. Fujifilm Klasse (almost identical to Rollei AFM 35) 39mm 2.8
22. Canon 580EXII flash, comes with fresnel type flash extender added as a
freebie
23. M6, maybe others too, Leica Ever-ready case. Often derided, but it can
be used as a excellent, comfortable half case and has a great integral
finger grip on the right-hand side
24. Fujifilm 690 II (6x9 camera, takes 120 and 220 film)
25. And last but not least: Summicron-M 35mm (f2, need I say?) ASPH

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] FS: For the Philippines typhoon relief aid, donations matched by Canada)