Subject: [Leica] R8 / DMR questions
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 15:03:27 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

John McMaster wrote:

I am trying out an early R8 (sn 2294***) and a DMR (sn 10029**) and having
some issues, I have read that some early R8s had issues with the DMR?

The exposure reading is way out, about 3 stops over, waiting for a test film
to come back. Tried it with various lenses both 3-cam and ROM.
<<<

Which metering pattern, spot, average or matrix?  If the spot meter has gone
bad the other meter patterns will over-expose a few stops and the spot meter
will overexpose by many many stops.  A bad spot meter means a mirror box
replacement (USD$$$).

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com