Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Otus 55mm f1.4
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 00:12:02 -0500

I got to play with one on a D800 at Zeiss day at
Foto Care a week or two ago and the build, feel and balance are excellent.
As well as the image it projected on the groundglass.
It weighs amazingly the same as my 120 f4 macro for my Hasselblad a lens I
always found to be "not light" but worth it.
The balance again and interfering smooth rubber  focusing grip are truly
Its like the Contrast Bullseye is back.
And or you're able to shoot with your Hassy glass on your SLR.
Its no prisoners being taken and no compromises.
The days of Leica competing aghast a Zeiss blue font on Cosina glass is
over.
On the internet one guy says: ... " Well, guys, I think Zeiss just reminded
Leitz who is the alpha male in the pack of lens makers...

Another guys says  " Unlike most 50mm lenses, the 55mm f/1.4 sports 12
elements in 10 groups, six of which are made of glass so rare it?s more
valuable than gold. "

And The Rabs says:  lets find out of its really a better optical performer
than our LEICA 50mm f/1.4 ASPH  SUMMILUX-M  or not - For twice the weight
and bulk it may not be for a matching four grand.

--
Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Zeiss Otus 55mm f1.4)