Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Otus 55mm f1.4
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 02:01:46 -0500

For the obvious reason that this camera list is named  the "Leica User Group
(LUG) which contains the word "Leica" in it a company who is making a
premium grade product priced accordingly well above consumer grade and even
normal pro grade gear.  Its price point in an average new lens is in the
many thousands of dollars for focal lengths where one could be competitive
spending not thousands but hundreds. So why do so?
Because there is such a thing as a premium product.
So when the talk gets around to micro contrast they are more then
interested.  And other optical find points. As its where there money and
afterwards time is going to. Both before and after the fact of buying and
using the gear.