Subject: [Leica] How to hang prints
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 01:58:24 -0500

Ken there's a new way to string the wire in the back of the frame so it
forms a large loop with ends sticking up you hand the frame from at two
points.
A small earthquake and or semi's going by will not make the frame crooked.
Nor will you have to ever reach up and straighten it out.
I learned this from my supplier of several decades which I've hung many
shows with. The light impressions company used to get their catalogs. I'm
betting they're all internet now.
http://www.lightimpressionsdirect.com/

And when you cut a mat or have one cut they are never symmetrically cut
centered on all four sides. Pre cut mats are done that way if you don't give
specifications.  Very low level. Have mats cut for either vertical or
horizontal.
You always want a bit more space at the button or the image will appear to
"sink".
In the hundreds of photo and other shows I've seen its always done this
week. This way also a signature at the bottom of the print looks right.  At
this point you don't sign the matt you sign the print if you sign at all. I
sign with pencil.