Subject: [Leica] Some Sony A7R sample with M lenses
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 18:19:41 -0500

George we both know that over the decades many of the really finest wides
give you noticeable vignetting  wide open there was a burgeoning market for
center filters costing 2 or 3 hundred bucks which everybody bought without
even thinking and many were sold with the filters included.
The fact is light has to travel way longer to reach the corners of the image
than in the center. Even true with retrofocal wides but classic for
symmetrical designs.

And then there's shooting a landscape wide open with an ultra wide that's an
eyebrow raiser right there. Landscape photography is not street photography
with the light poles being trees.
Stopping down is a first thought as is using a tripod.

That fact that all vignetting goes away when you stop down a few is very
heartening for this guy.
Personally I like vignetting-  I would buy an edge darkening filter if they
made one.