Subject: [Leica] Nocticron 42.5mm f1.2
From: gwpics at icloud.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 15:16:53 +0000

This from a posting on G+ - surprised I have not seen it mentioned here:

    Sometimes you just need to hide behind the largest aperture lens you
    can find! In this case, I'm behind the brand spanking new #Leica
    #Nocticron 42.5mm f1.2 which I had the pleasure to trying out
    earlier today. It was a pre-production sample, so I can't say too
    much, but it felt very good in my hands with a solid body, smooth
    manual focusing ring, satisfyingly well-spaced aperture-ring and of
    course a lovely big bit of glass at the front.

    I took a bunch of images with it using the new Lumix GM1 and suffice
    it to say the depth of field can be very shallow indeed with smooth
    looking bokeh effects. The optical stabilisation also worked well,
    and it was nice to see the image looking steady on a Panasonic body.
    As a pre-production sample I'm not yet allowed to show any samples,
    even re-sized, but hopefully I'll have something to share with you
    sooner rather than later. Don't ask me how much it costs either as I
    don't know and they wouldn't say!

    Meanwhile, I'll get to work on my Lumix GM1 review which will, as
    always, gradually expand starting with sample images, followed by
    results and finally the complete story at the link below. Actually
    this very photo is a crop from an image taken with a GM1 and 12-32mm
    kit lens. Watch this space!

Gerry

--
Gerry Walden