Subject: [Leica] Leica Buys Sinar
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 20:26:40 -0500

They guy who wrote that Leica bought Sinar with the idea of combining camera
systems was obviously more comfortable writing up computer peripherals than
they were photography gear.
Sure some plenty of people rigged up a roll film back on view cameras even
using backs form medium format cameras. That's just backs. And the S system
is backless. I guess a few  bolted on a whole camera to the back of their
Sinars or Linhofs or what have you. It was not a big deal.
But the idea of morphing a medium format DSLR into a Sinar system or any
view camera system is  bit weak.
At least as a reason to buy a company.
All one really needs a a tilt shift thing for the glass in front of the S
body. Hasselblad has or had one.  They tend to be somehow obtainable. A new
one came out last month I saw in PDN by a European third party. Novoflex
perhaps.