Subject: [Leica] An outstanding photographer
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 18:49:01 -0800

A web site that I visit daily is called ?Cat of the Day?. Each day, there is
a submission from some besotted cat owner which includes at least one
picture of the cat and a narrative about same. I think the site owner is a
bit selective, because I?ve never seen a picture there that was not needle
short. Not so selective about color balance; some times two pictures of the
same cat in actuality show two different colors of cat.

Anyway, today, at the end of the narrative about her Maine Coon, was a
statement that she is a photographer and that, of course, her cat is a
favorite subject. There then appeared a link to her web site, and I was
curious enough to visit it. I was absolutely stunned. Her photographs are so
great that I felt I had to tell the LUG. I mean, how many people can make a
picture that grabs you out of nothing but four eggs? I think if you just
look at her home page, you?ll see why I was so taken.

http://lauramacky.smugmug.com/

BTW, somewhere in her blogs I saw a statement that she took up photography
only a few years ago and had to first learn how to use a camera. I guess
there is no substitute for talent.

Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org
650-326-8204