Subject: [Leica] IMG: Homage to Hiroshi
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 17:23:27 -0600

On Dec 5, 2013, at 5:19 PM, Douglas Barry wrote:

> Oops, wrong version posted.
>
> "Douglas Barry" <imra at iol.ie> wrote
>
>> IRISH SEA, BRAY, 2013.
>> My homage to Hiroshi Sugimoto. Fuji X100S. See Large or Large sea.
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/HomageToHiroshi.jpg.html

I like it

yet

So many of Hiroshi's seascapes seem to
place the horizon meticulously
in the EXACT center of the frame.
even the when the horizon is diffused to non existence.
Hiroshi's photographs
always reminded me of my water color teacher's work
Lawrence Rathsack painted Lake Michigan with sky
with thousands of layers of incredibly thin pigments
until the specific mood simply glowed off the paper

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com