Subject: [Leica] IMGs: The earth… just outside my window
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 16:37:02 -0600

On Dec 18, 2013, at 10:01 PM, Jay Burleson wrote:

> As most will know, I lean toward b & w even if it isn't appropriate...
> In this case, I think the color is more effective.
> B & W, especially in the first one, doesn't look like snow. Looks like
> adobe or cement.

> On 12/18/2013 7:31 AM, George Lottermoser wrote:
>> On Dec 17, 2013, at 11:53 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>>
>>> Very nice compositions, George. I wonder whether they would look better
>>> in B&W--you would eliminate the slightly bluish tint and focus more
>>> clearly on the composition and tones.

>> Thanks for your thoughts Nathan.
>>
>> I always check to see how things look in black and white.
>> And depending on how one feels on any given day
>> may end up preferring one or the other.
>>
>> I've put black and white versions there for comparison.
>> <http://www.imagist.com/blog/?p=8396>

I appreciate your opinion Jay.
I had a similar sense of "not quite the feel of snow"
when I originally decided to go with the color.

Though truth be told I love the fact that in this day and age
we can play to heart's content with these notions of either / or

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com