Subject: [Leica] FF2 Flower of the hour.
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 05:30:42 -0500

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/fridayflowers/111221_203620_001.j
pg.html

http://tinyurl.com/kl7alpc

12/21/11, 8:36:20 PM NIKON D700 28.0 mm f/1.4 @ 1/80 s at f/2.5 @ iso 500

Same day two years ago I'm out in the early evening shooting with my 28 1.4!
Of late I'm into cropping as many images as possible into either squares or
one over two's,  1/2's (1200x600 pixels). 612's. With the idea of doing
portfolios of each format. I'm actually thinking this as I make most of my
exposures. I.e. its going to be make much more skinny or the opposite.

Are roses the king/queen of the flower kingdom? Seems to me to be the case
looking here. And you may have noticed these are not in smell-or-ama.
We don't get the smell zone of the electro magnetic spectrum.

As I got into each area of this image closely I saw that each round bouquet
here had its own level of bokeh not to be funny and those flowers of uniform
shape and hue of defocus had its own distinctive way of strongly rendering.
I don't get that with my 24 2.8. Or 28 2.8 or zooms.
Makes me think when you throw some real money at a lens  acquisition its
maybe worth it.

--
Mark William Rabiner
Photographer