Subject: [Leica] Used 1.2 Nocti
From: manolito at videotron.ca (EPL)
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 19:46:00 -0500

Opinions are a dime a dozen.

In fact the Wetzlar f1.2 Noctilux is superior to the Midland f1.0 in every
way except speed.

It is easily the equal of -- or better than -- the first 50mm Summilux too.
It's a beautiful lens that handles well on the M camera.

Having said that, in the kind of trashy condition of the lens in question on
eBay, I would not put more than $3500 on it, which is obviously not going to
get it in today's market.

In my opinion, the price of these lenses has been cooked way too hot in the
past few years. Ditto for the f1.0.

Methinks one's best bet now for a fast shooter's 50mm would be the Summilux
ASPH or one of the Voigtlander lenses.

Emanuel

Replies: Reply from mak at teleport.com (Mark Kronquist) ([Leica] Used 1.2 Nocti)