Subject: [Leica] M @ 3200
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 23:44:27 -0800

How RAW is RAW? That is, can an M9 play games with the DNG out of the
camera? When I first got my M9 (not going to look up the year but it?s dated
by the fact the LR2 came with it), shots taken at 1600 or over were horribly
grainy, and even LR couldn?t really fix them. Today, shots at those speeds
are not bad, and by the time LR gets through with them, there is nothing to
complain about. Is Leica?s upgraded firmware working miracles?

Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org
650-326-8204