Subject: [Leica] Expensive software
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 00:15:24 -0500 (EST)

 Howard.
You are right. I received the original post from a friend who claimed it
came from an Adobe PR. I was so astonished that I had to check it out with
the only Australian I knew who might be familiar with the pricing. I know
that when I lived in the UK most photo and computer gear was about 50% more
expensive than in the US. Every time I went back home I carried a shopping
list from all my Welsh colleagues. When I checked your information I saw
that it did come from the How to Geek website. But is it true? What a
markup!?
Larry Z
- - - -
That certainly doesn't sound like a press release from Adobe! It condemns
the publishers rather than tariffs.

Looks to me like it's from "Geek Trivia" on the How-To Geek website:

http://www.howtogeek.com/trivia/rather-than-buy-locally-its-cheaper-to-fly-roundtrip-from-australia-to-the-us-for-what/

?howard