Subject: [Leica] The 2013 Leica Users Group Yearbook: Two Announcements
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 20:42:55 -0800

The LUG yearbook has become an integral part of the LUG. It cannot be
allowed to die, or even to mutate very much.

I will ensure that it continues. If there are no volunteers I will do it
myself until there is a capable volunteer. My background in print publishing
might not be as deep as Jim's, but I know how to wrangle high-end books.

>From talking to Jim about it over the years, I get the sense that the most
>frustrating part of the yearbook is dealing with Type II illiteracy. A Type
>I illiterate is a person who genuinely cannot read, for whatever reason. A
>Type II illiterate is a person who is quite capable of reading, but doesn't.

I see no reason not to continue with Jim's charity, Project H.O.P.E.

Brian Reid
LUG Saloonkeeper

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] The 2013 Leica Users Group Yearbook: Two Announcements)