Subject: [Leica] Funny florescent yellow camera bag vid
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2014 13:31:45 -0500

Perhaps the insert should have a shoulder strap on it thereby becoming your
working camera bag. Built into the bottom of this insert with shoulder strap
could be a place to store the big yellow rolled up outer cover.
Otherwise it puts a whole new meaning on a "never ready" camera case.

For white water, monsoons or water balloon fight season I'd pick the option
of putting  my working camera bag of choice into a third party waterproof
duffel. Here's one:
http://www.roadrunner.travel/2012/02/11/givi-tw01-duffel-bag/
Givi TW01 Duffel Bag
" Givi?s 100 percent waterproof duffel bag is a little different than others
on the market. The first noticeable difference is the material. It isn?t
black and shiny. Instead, the Italian manufacturer decided to use
thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU), which is particularly light and resistant
to extreme temperatures and abrasions. It is also recyclable and nontoxic.
When not in use, the TW01 can be compacted more than some of its
competitors. Two straps mount the duffel to virtually any passenger seat or
luggage rack. It also comes with a shoulder strap for convenient carrying.
Reflective areas around the bag add an element of safety. -"

" Size: 40 liters Color: black Prices: $89.99 to $99"

Another option is to drop my bag into a Pelican case. several of which I've
already owned. One with holes for a strap on the sides so it can be carried
hands free.
I belive Pelican  has been the industry standard on extreme weather proofing
for decades.
http://www.pelican.com/
I love the Pelican  company.

On 1/5/14 7:16 AM, "Doug Herr" <wildlightphoto at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Mark Rabiner wrote:

>This one in some ways
> funnier.
>http://vimeo.com/69173697
>
>Or the
> concise:
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgO5EWq9WQ8
>
>No ones seen anyone
> yet go "look there's  a picture I better grab my
>camera!" And open the bag
> and do so. Yet.
>As those ducks would  have migrated all the way south by
> then.

Apparently not the bag for you.  I'd love to use a dry bag like this in
> rough water.  I'd open it to use the camera in calm water? and I plan my
> duck
> photos, often taking several hours to make the photo.  Getting the camera
> out
> of the bag in 10 seconds or less is not a high priority for me because it
> takes time to work out lighting & backgrounds, the duck's habits and
> preferences, and allowing the duck to become comfortable in my presence.
> Good
> wildlife photos are not point & shoot.

Doug Herr
Birdman of