Subject: [Leica] IMG: Rework of an Image from the Past
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 15:21:41 -0600

When I was growing up, Winter flooding of the Tombigbee River was not
unusual.  The eastern edge of the town of Aberdeen, MS was bounded by
the flood plain.  I found this image among those of my late
father-in-law, professional photographer Herb Miller.  Here it is, after
a little cleanup work in PSE 11.0  It shows the flooding in February 1948.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Aberdeen+Flooding+Feb+48+edit.jpg.html

The house I grew up in is in the lower left part of the photo.

With the construction of the Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway, connecting
the Tennessee River with the Tombigbee to reach Mobile, AL, flooding has
been less frequent, though the waterway was not intended to be a flood
control project.

Comments and critiques welcomed.

--
Jim Nichols