Subject: [Leica] Using Leicas - and discussing the Yearbook
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 09:40:19 -0800

Nathan WajsmanOFFERED:

>I think whoever does not agree with what Geoff has decided (i.e. same rules
>as the ones laid down by Jim during the past several years) should just
>hold their tongue. If you don't like the rules, don't submit
>images.<<<<<<<<<<<

Hi Nathan,
Well offered concept! Good on you! And in particular a great big Good on
Geoff for having a shot at, I'm not going to say for "EDITING" the book as
he doesn't say who's photos are in nor out.

Bottom line ????? He is the "central spot to collect the photographs."
That's it! Only decision as I understand is..... "He picks the cover!" Big
deal! ;-)

"WHOOP-TEE-DO WOW!" So big deal? As that's basically identical as Jim, God
Bless him for keeping the book alive for 8 editions! My goodness if it
weren't for Jim and his tenacity each year to make it happen! 99% of you
never ever ever and not likely ever will be published people would still be
un-published, let alone in a book? LUG BOOK?:-)

One second please? Take a moment and re-call your personal feelings when
your copy each year arrived and you couldn't open the package and book fast
enough?  You flipped pages like crazy.... "looking for your two!" :-) And
"WOW!" COOL WHEN YOU FOUND THEM? Yeah I know even with my numbers of
published books I did the same thing. There they were, I smiled, ran my
finger tips over them, looked at the cover and back to my pages! And felt so
dang nice in my belly because.. "Hey my pictures! Cool man!"

Then to cover and flipped from cover to cover admiring the LUG family
photographs published one more year again! Good stuff! :-)

Our book Leader and put together BOSS, Jim Schulman, the "Mighty Good Chap"
has retired, actually fed-up with diatribe each fall due to some blockheads!
Yeah you guys know who you are! So Jim moves on. We'll still be looking for
your always humorous photos on the screen Jim, please keep them coming.
Thank you most sincerely.

NEW BOSS-MAN? :-)
Holy cow more babblefesting than deciding date for the first guys to go to
the Moon! Read my lips! NOTHING CHANGED!
It's still two photos in by a certain date. Use a camera, a Leica would be
nice or parts of one. If not? IT'S NO BIG DEAL! GET OVER IT!

We all are in our hearts and some with non-failing minds? Recall our elation
the first time we had a Leica, new? in our hands? Remember those incredible
emotions? Love them still with a great passion!

Today? Use whatever camera life has dealt you as of today and get yer buns
out the door and shoot a couple of cool happy snaps! That's it. SAVE and
SEND in 11 months and yer laughing all the way to the 2014 book! :-) Dang so
simple! :-) And no one need open their mouths as all yer "over imaginative
mental conditions?" will be gone!

Oh yeah until 2015!! And for some of you ? We'll have to explain this all
over once again! ;-)

Have a great year and I look forward to your always love them HAPPY-SNAPS
because truly.... we are all equal happy-snappers in heart.

cheers & God Bless!

Dr. ted :-)

Message from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Using Leicas - and discussing the Yearbook)
Message from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Using Leicas - and discussing the Yearbook)