Subject: [Leica] More A7r Test... this time with 50mm non-native lenses.....
From: roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark)
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 08:58:12 -0800

The newspaper (chart) test may show something about edge sharpness.  It's
here:
http://3d-kraft.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=151&catid=40&Itemid=2&limitstart=1

Given the relatively close focus distance, however, I'm not sure how
accurate these results would be for landscape work.

I may not have eliminated all variables, but in comparing the M9 and the
Sony a7r with the Zeiss f/2 50mm ZM, my impression is that the Sony image
is sharper at the edges (using a distant mountain ridge and trees) than can
be explained simply by the higher Sony MP.  I wonder if when "tuning"
microlenses on the sensors there is a limited range of incoming ray angles
that can be accommodated, with those lying outside that range -- either
closer or further -- being compromised.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com